The best websites using a .nyc domain name stand to win a $5,000 cash prize, among other goodies, in the 2019 Best of Boroughs competition.
The Best of Boroughs will see top websites across New York
City’s five boroughs eligible to enter the citywide contest. Restaurateurs,
fashionistas, financial gurus, artists, anyone and everyone that elevates New
York’s own community and digital ecosystem to new heights are encouraged to
enter to showcase all the hard work that went into their .nyc website and share
the story behind their brand. The .nyc website has to be operational prior to 2
September to be eligible to enter.
.NYC wants to hear the story behind the brand’s history in
New York and what value and services the business brings to the local
community. The website will be judged on its quality of content, visual appeal,
layout, structure, formatting, functionality and navigation. Checking out previous
winners can give a better feel for the competition.
Judging will be performed by NYC officials from each
borough—Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island—in addition to
a public forum voting across the whole city. Businesses entering will be
showcased in front of 8.6 million New Yorkers during the voting period from 19 through
24 September in a showcase of why Silicon Alley is a central hub of the tech
There will be one winner selected from each borough to win:
- A $5,000 cash prize
- Free media and publicity for your business and website
- A feature in a .nyc marketing campaign
- And an official Best of the Boroughs award to show off.
- Winners will be announced at a live event in New York City on 23 October.
The competition details are:
- Website: Must be operational with a .nyc domain by 2 September 2019
- Contest Entry: 3-18 September 2019
- Public Voting Period: 19-24 September 2019
- Winners Announced: 23 October 2019
The 2018 winners were:
Best of Bronx
Best of Brooklyn
Best of Manhattan
Best of Queens
Best of Staten Island
This latest Domain News has been posted from here: Source Link