12 individuals and organisations from around the world were named winners of the inaugural 2019 .ORG Impact Awards last Friday.
At the event in Washington D.C., leaders from the philanthropic and Internet communities joined finalists at The Watergate Hotel to experience the live announcement of the 2019 winners. Actor, philanthropist and children’s book author Taye Diggs also joined in on the fun and was named the 2019 .ORG Impact Awards Honoree for his dedication to the greater social good via charitable and community involvement with a multitude of .ORG community member organisations.
Individual Awards honouring the contribution of an individual to their organisation or the broader sector received a $5,000 donation to the charitable organisation of the winner’s choice. The winners were:
Sector Awards recognising organisational and team accomplishments and received a $2,000 donation to the charitable organisation of the winner’s choice. The winners were:
Initiative Awards celebrating achievement in a specific online niche area received a $1,000 donation to the charitable organisation of the winner’s choice. The winners of this award were:
- Best Integrated Communications Campaign – Skateistan, “Empowering Children Through Skateboarding and Education” (U.S. / Germany)
- Best Social Media Campaign – The Mayhew, “Mayhew Website Redesign” (UK)
- Best Use of Partnerships/Celebrity Endorsements – Kiva, “The Big Impact of Small Loans” (U.S.)
- Outstanding Multimedia Content – C Three Foundation, “C Three Foundation Multimedia Approach” (U.S.)
- Outstanding Online Fundraising Campaign – Teach For America, “Teach For America Alumni and Staff Challenge” (U.S.)
- Outstanding Website Redesign – The Mayhew, “Home Is Where Their Dog Is” (UK)
- Top #GivingTuesday Campaign – The City Mission, “Fund a Project That Would Change Your Community” (U.S.)
The .ORG Impact Awards is one of two new .ORG initiatives designed to educate, recognise and empower the global .ORG community. To learn more about The .ORG Impact Awards, navigate over to www.orgimpactawards.org, and to see additional pictures from the gala follow #ORGimpactAwards through Facebook and Instagram.
This latest Domain News has been posted from here: Source Link